Even if you’re on a budget, the best cheap android auto head unit can deliver great audio and display quality.
We wanted to make sure that our list of budget Android Auto head units was as comprehensive and accurate as possible, so we conducted extensive research into the products available.
We looked at our favorite online retailers, examined customer reviews and ratings, combed through manufacturer websites, and even tested out some of the head units ourselves.
After doing final testing from our car audio experts, we crowned ATOTO A6 PF – The Overall best Android Auto Head Unit for most users.
It has a 7″ touchscreen display, wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and two full size USB ports. The ATOTO A6 PF also supports multiple audio formats with an included physical EQ button and 3D sound field. It even has a built-in amplifier that will power your car’s speakers to their full potential.
Below you can read the reviews, pros and cons!
Top 8 Best Budget Android Auto Head Units Reviews
Below mentioned are the reviews for the eight of the best budget android auto head units available under $200 available in the market these days.
- 1. ATOTO A6 PF – The Best Budget Android Auto Head Unit
- 2. Sound Storm DD988ACP – Another Budget friendly head unit
- 3. Boss Audio Systems BCPA10 – Best Single Din Android Car Stereo
- 4. Vanku Android 10 Car Stereo – Best Android Stereo with Volume Knob
- 5. ATOTO F7 – Other Great Option Under $200
- 6. BOSS Audio Systems Elite BE7ACP
- 7. ATOTO SA102
- 8. Pioneer AVH-210EX
- Bottom Line
1. ATOTO A6 PF – The Best Budget Android Auto Head Unit
The ATOTO A6 combines powerful performance, premium build quality, and an intuitive UI for a completely new experience.
The highlighting feature of this head unit is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. You can use this feature in this head unit after connecting your phone with the receiver through a USB cable. The CarPlay and Android Auto work great, also after testing, we didn’t find any lag.
This Android Car Stereo features full-time voice guidance with the built-in GPS Navigation system however, it depends on your smartphone for WiFi/BT tethering internet sharing.
Built-in hands-free call capability and intelligent Siri natural language command works flawlessly. Bluetooth media streaming allows you to listen without interrupting your driving.
With its five different gestures, it’s guaranteed that you’ll have an easy time entering menus or making adjustments to the display brightness levels.
- 7-inch IPS LCD Touchscreen Display
- 1080 x 600 Full HD Resolution
- Built-in GPS Navigation system
- Built-in CarPlay and Android Auto
- Power Peak: 4 x 45 watts
- RMS: 4 x 24 watts
- Dual Bluetooth (5.0 and BT2: 4.0)
- MirrorLink Supported via easy connect app
- Dual USB and Aux Input
- 2V Subwoofer Output
- 4 channel Audio Output for an external amp
- HD Rearview Camera Input
- 1-Year Warranty
- Responsive Touchscreen Display
- Two Second Fast Bootup time
- Dual Front and rear USB input
- Simple and easy to use UI
- Great Customer Support
- Available at a low price
- Doesn’t support a large number of app
If your car support double din stereo and you looking for the best car stereo which is not too expensive and works great ve after 3 to 4 years, then this might be the perfect unit you should buy.
2. Sound Storm DD988ACP – Another Budget friendly head unit
This is another affordable head unit that comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It comes with a large LCD touchscreen display which offers a capacitive touch.
Both CarPlay and Android Auto work only via USB connection. However, there is a similar model of head unit that comes with a wireless CarPlay feature but the price is high.
Hands-Free Calling and wireless music streaming via built-in Bluetooth work great. The only thing this head unit lacks is the CD/DVD player. However, there are many ways in which you can play videos and audio such as USB connection, Aux, or via YouTube, Spotify, or Pandora through CarPlay or Android Auto.
The Android Auto and CarPlay also works via the voice command feature with which you can simply play audio or make calls and many more thing through your voice.
The USB input is present at the back of the head unit which is slightly tough to reach but you can also use it to charge your phone at a decent speed.
- 6.75-inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- Power Peak: 320 watts
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Built-in Pandora and Spotify
- Wired CarPlay/ Android Auto
- Rear USB and 3.5mm Aux Input
- Built-in 10 Band Equalizer
- Compatible with Steering wheel Control
- Compatible with Backup Camera
- Easy to install due to its small chassis size
- Great Hands-free Calling quality
- Responsive touch
- Affordable Price tag
- Unfortunately, there is no warranty coverage with this unit
- Sometimes Apple CarPlay stop working
3. Boss Audio Systems BCPA10 – Best Single Din Android Car Stereo
The next budget auto head unit is from the Boss audio system. It is the latest head unit released by Boss and comes with a huge 10.1″ capacitive touchscreen display which is quite sleek and stylish.
Both Android Auto & CarPlay works great!
Both are fully integrated into the vehicle’s infotainment system and make it easy for drivers of any age to use their phones safely while on the road.
With no DVD player jacks or inserts, this system will fit in any vehicle space wall mounted you want it to be without taking up too much room!
And with advanced connectivity options like wireless FM radio, playback is enhanced to give you great audio quality wherever it may need to go!
SPOTLESS SOUND: You’ll get nothing but high-resolution FLAC audio that won’t disappoint sound lovers of all ages.
Steering wheel control compatibility lets drivers easily adjust volume anytime they need which means no more hands-on work at stoplights or when making challenges.
- 10.1 Inch Capacitive LCD Display
- Built-in Android Auto
- Bluetooth for music streaming/hands-free
- Power Output: 320 Watts
- Built-in 13-band EQ
- Support USB Charging
- Support High Res-FLAC Audio
- Three Pre-Amp Output
- Single input: USB, AV, backup camera, and SWC Control
- 3-Years Warranty support
- Fits in any vehicle due to its small chassis size
- Large and bright touchscreen display
- Android Auto works with mostly all android phones
- Clear and Loud Audio Quality
- Numerous customizable settings
- Volume knob
- The USB input is present at the back of the head unit, you will required an external USB extension
- The built-in equalizer is not that great
4. Vanku Android 10 Car Stereo – Best Android Stereo with Volume Knob
This is another budget-friendly double din head unit that works on the Android operating system but also supports Android Auto.
The best thing about this double din stereo is its built-in navigation system which can work even without an internet connection.
The seven-inch display has a good resolution compared to any other head unit even it can support 4K videos. On the left side of the display, a good quality volume knob is given which works fine.
You can also cast your phone screen on the display of this radio with the help of the Mirror link feature. Even all other accessories like steering wheel control and backup camera work great in this unit.
The boot-up time of this unit is quite fast, it takes two to three seconds to fully boot up. With its built-in navigation system, you can use 3D Maps features which can work via voice guidance.
This head unit also supports Apple CarPlay but, it requires a USB AutoPlay Dongle ( B08P4JM5XB) which you can buy from amazon.
- Seven-inch Capacitive Touchscreen
- 1024×600 Resolution
- Built-in GPS Navigation system
- Built-in Android Auto
- Android 10 OS
- PX6 Six-core CPU
- RAM: 4 GB, ROM: 64 GB
- Power Peak: 200 watts
- Bluetooth with hands-free profile
- Support Backup Camera
- Compatible with CarPlay
- Built-in AM/FM tuner
- Works with Steering wheel Control
- Support Wi-Fi and 4G Dongal
- Eighteen Months Warranty
- Input: SD Card, USB, Aux, and SD Card
- Built-in GPS Navigation system
- High Definition Resolution
- Volume Knob
- Support Android Auto
- Comes With Full Installation Kit
- Fast Boot-up Time
- Sometimes you can find lag after using it for a long period
- It has some glaring issues
5. ATOTO F7 – Other Great Option Under $200
The other best budget android head unit in the top 10 list is again from ATOTO. The ATOTO F7 gives you a large 7” touchscreen that displays with most advanced features you can expect from a common car stereo.
It’s capable of reading your phone’s information and connects seamlessly to your phone, accommodating applications like CarPlay and Android Auto.
All of these useful features happen through easily plugging in your phone; moreover, the display gives access to everything that would be normally shown on the home screen as well as other apps/features such as Music & Video Apps (e.g Spotify) or Navigation System (e.g Google Maps).
Front and backup camera inputs take care of the safety of you and your loved ones. It’s so easy to plug in and connect! The video out, however, does require a connection between the headrest monitors.
The convenient USB multimedia playback enables you to watch movies while driving or listen to music while on your way home from work!
- Full HD 7-inch Touchscreen Display
- Resolution: 1024*600
- Double Din Head Unit
- Case size: 178mm*100mm
- 4 x 50 watts Power Peak
- 4 x 24 watts RMS
- 7 Preset Built-in Equalizer
- Support Phone Mirroring
- Built-in Radio with AM/FM tuner
- Dual USB input and one rear SD Card slot
- 3 Video HD Video Input for Backup Camera
- 2 Channel RCA Video Output for headrest
- 4 Channel RCA Audio Output for external Amp
- Compatible with SiriusXM SXV300
- Works with a Steering wheel control
- Great Audio Quality
- Responsive and HD touchscreen display
- Cheapest Android Auto head unit
- Screen mirroring works perfectly
- Support Fast Phone Charge
- Fast Boot-up time
- Front sided USB, AUX and SD Card slot for easy pairing
- CarPlay & Android Auto works only with USB
- Bluetooth is compatible with selected devices only
6. BOSS Audio Systems Elite BE7ACP
The fifth and the best cheap auto head unit is again from the boss. This double din head unit comes with a 7-inch LCD Capacitive touchscreen display.
The audio quality of this double is quite loud and clear due to its high power peak built-in amp. You can also find multi-band built-in equalizer settings like Bass, Treble Balance, Fader, and more. Both Hands-Free Calling and wireless music streaming via Spotify and Pandora work great.
On the left side of the display, you can find volume, power, Siri Eyes Free button, mic button with an SD Card slot, which is quite useful for daily use.
- Seven-inch Capacitive touchscreen Display
- Built-in ten band equalizer
- Support Hands-Free Calling and music streaming via Bluetooth
- 4 x 80 watts Power Peak
- 4 x 20 watts RMS
- Built-in Siri Eyes Free Button
- Six Channe Preamp Output (4V)
- Rear USB Input
- Front Micro SD Card Input
- Dual Backup Camera input
- AV Input(RCA)
- Three-year warranty
- Easy to install
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto works great
- Responsive touchscreen display
- Some devices do not work with Android Auto
7. ATOTO SA102
This is another head unit from the ATOTO and is one of the best-selling Android Auto Head Units. This double din radio comes with a seven-inch full HD touchscreen display.
The display is capacitive and can support five touches at a time. You can also Mirror your phone in the display with its Mirror Link feature.
At the front left side of the display, you will get an Aux, USB, and SD Card input slot which is quite useful for daily use. It comes with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto which works only via USB connection.
The audio quality of this radio is also good, even you will get a built-in equalizer for audio customization which is quite impressive at this super low price segment.
In the box of double din radio, you will get a full installation kit which includes a Wiring harness, power cable, USB cable, mic, installation frame, warranty card, and a user manual. This head unit also supports Rearview Camera and Steering Wheel Control but these will not come with the unit.
- Seven Inch Capacitive Touchscreen
- HD Resolution (1024 x 600)
- Power Peak: 180 watts
- RMS: 4 x 24 watts
- CarPlay/ Android Auto
- Support Mirror Link
- Built-in Seven Band Equalizer
- Four-Channel RCA Audio Output(2v)
- Two RCA Video Output
- Rear View Camera Input
- Dual USB Input
- One Year Warranty
- Responsive and Full HD Display
- Cheapest Android Auto Head Unit
- Front USB and AUX Input
- Custom Wallpaper for boot and home screen
- Audio Quality for music streaming and hands-free calling is also good
- Low brightness causes difficulty to use the display in bright light
- There is no built-in CD/DVD player
8. Pioneer AVH-210EX
This double din head unit is probably not the cheapest option in the market but the best and the cheapest head unit option from Pioneer.
The Pioneer AVH-210EX comes with a seven-inch LCD touchscreen display with a multi-illumination effect for the buttons which are present at the bottom of the display.
This head unit is not compatible with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay due to its low end price.
The other best thing about this head unit is its quality audio due to its high-quality built-in amp and 13 band built-in equalizer.
You can use Spotify or Pandora for audio streaming or even directly connect your device for listing music.
You will get all the components in the box of the stereo that will be required to install the stereo in your vehicle. It includes a wiring harness, USB cable, screws, mic, user manual, warranty card, and some other basic stuff.
- 6.2” WVGA Touchscreen Display
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- CD/DVD Player
- Power Peak: 200 watts
- RMS: 4 x 14 watts
- 13 Band EQ
- Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay
- Bluetooth 4.0 For Hands-Free/ Audio Streaming
- Input: 1 rear Aux, 1 USB, and Backup Camera
- Six Channel Preamp Output for video (4Volt)
- 12-months warranty
- Built-in CD/DVD Player
- Strong Bluetooth Connection
- High Power preamp output
- Responsive Display
- Might be Difficult to install
Below are some frequently asked questions related to this post.
Is it safe to use an infotainment system while driving?
The AAA study found that navigating via programming is the most distracting task for drivers. And according to researchers, there are safer alternatives such as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay which can be used instead of native infotainment systems in your vehicle with no increased risks whatsoever even when talking on a phone hands free!
Which Android head unit is best?
I would recommend the ATOTO A6 Pro. It’s a great unit with lots of features, and it’s very user-friendly. Plus, the support from ATOTO is excellent, so you can be sure you’re getting a quality product.
What head units are compatible with Android Auto?
If you’re looking for a head unit that’s compatible with Android Auto, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that the head unit has an Android Auto-specific logo or branding. Second, check the list of compatible devices on the Android Auto website to make sure your specific device is supported. Finally, consider buying a car with built-in Android Auto support – many of the latest models from major automakers offer this feature.
Can I install Android Auto on my head unit?
Yes, you can install Android Auto on your head unit. However, you may need to purchase a compatible unit if your current one doesn’t have the Android Auto software installed. Additionally, you’ll need an Android smartphone that’s running 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher in order to use the Android Auto app. Once you have those things set up, simply open the Android Auto app on your phone and connect to the head unit using a USB cable.
Are Android head units worth it?
If you’re looking for a quality Android head unit, then absolutely, they’re worth it! You’ll be able to enjoy all the features and benefits that come along with an Android operating system in your car, including hands-free operation, Google Maps integration, and access to all your favorite apps.
Are Chinese head units good?
There are a lot of different head units on the market, and it can be tough to decide which one to buy. A Chinese head unit might be a good option if you’re looking for something affordable that still has some good features.
Make sure to do your research before you buy, though, because not all Chinese head units are created equal. Some models may have lower quality construction or fewer features than others. Also, be aware that most Chinese head units are designed for the Asian market, so they might not have all the same functions as a head unit that’s meant for North American buyers.
So, if you’re looking for a quality budget Android Auto Head Unit, any of the receivers on our list will do the trick. Plus, they all have great customer reviews, so you can be sure that you’re getting a product that is worth your money. Have you decided which one to buy? Let us know in the comments below!
Related Article –