For those who are looking for the best 7-inch touchscreen Head Unit, we recommend the ATOTO S8 Premium.
This head unit offers the best sound quality that we’ve tested. In this head unit you will get all latest features like Wireless CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto, Bluetooth Calling and more.
For those who are looking for a big 10.1-inch touchscreen radio, we recommend the ATOTO S8 Pro. Both these stereo has same features, the only different is screen size.
For those who are on Budget, and looking for some good option under $250, we recommend the ATOTO A6 PF. You will get a installation kit, a backup camera, external mic with this unit.
- S8 Premium – Best ATOTO Head Unit
- Best Budget – ATOTO A6 PF
- Best Budget Head Unit under $200 – ATOTO F7 G2A7XE
- Best Single DIN Touchscreen – ATOTO F7 XE
- ATOTO Comparison Table
- Why you should Trust us?
S8 Premium – Best ATOTO Head Unit
- Display: Full HD 7-inch QLED touchscreen.
- Built-in Amp (200 watts Peak Power, 4x29W RMS)
- 32 Band Graphic Equalizer , Digital Signal Processor
- Dual Bluetooth, Phone Mirroring
- Output: 4-CH RCA for Audio and Video, SD, HDMI, Aux, USB, Backup Camera
- Awesome Sound Quality with lots of features to customize audio.
- Wireless CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto Works Flawlessly
- Easy installation with recommended install kit and steering wheel controls adapter kit.
- 2s Fast Boot
- High-quality build and user interface design.
- Lack of folder list view in default music app.
- Need to download additional apps like VLC for certain music organization preferences.
- No built-in navigation system (but can be connected to phone for navigation)
If you’re looking for an Android car stereo that’s packed with features and performance, the ATOTO S8 Premium is definitely worth considering. It’s got a ton to offer, from wireless CarPlay and Android Auto to a built-in GPS and a QLED display. But is it the right choice for you? Let’s take a closer look.
Design and Display
The S8 Premium has a sleek and modern design that will look great in any car. The 7-inch QLED display is bright and clear, even in direct sunlight. The touchscreen is responsive and easy to use, even with your fingers. And the buttons are well-placed and easy to reach.
The S8 Premium is loaded with features, including:
- Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto: Connect your smartphone wirelessly for hands-free calling, navigation, and music streaming.
- Built-in GPS: Get turn-by-turn navigation with live traffic updates.
- Dual Bluetooth: Connect two smartphones at the same time for hands-free calling and audio streaming.
- QLED display: Enjoy a bright and clear picture, even in direct sunlight.
- HD rearview camera: See what’s behind you with the included HD rearview camera.
- USB ports: Play music and videos from a USB flash drive.
- Wi-Fi: Connect to the internet for streaming music and podcasts.
- Voice control: Use your voice to control the stereo, hands-free.
The S8 Premium is powered by an octa-core processor and 4GB of RAM, so it’s plenty fast for even the most demanding tasks. I didn’t experience any lag or stuttering, even when using multiple apps at the same time. The sound quality is also excellent, thanks to the built-in amplifier and six-band equalizer.
The S8 Premium is a double-DIN stereo, so it will fit in most cars. The installation process is straightforward, but it’s recommended to have a professional install it if you’re not comfortable doing it yourself.
The ATOTO S8 Premium is an excellent Android car stereo that’s packed with features and performance. It’s a great option for drivers who want a feature-rich stereo that won’t break the bank.
Additional Tips and Tricks:
Throughout my testing, I discovered various tips and tricks, such as using a USB hub for additional device connections, optimizing the screen brightness for nighttime driving, and creatively managing multiple user profiles for music preferences.
The ATOTO S8 Premium is a great choice for drivers who want a feature-rich Android car stereo. It’s packed with features, performs well, and looks great. If you’re looking for an upgrade for your car stereo, the S8 Premium is definitely worth considering.
Best Budget – ATOTO A6 PF
- The QLED screen provides a clearer and brighter image.
- The touch screen is usually responsive and accurate.
- The backup camera works well even in low-light conditions.
- Bluetooth internet tethering is easy to configure and set up.
- The firmware update process is easy and seamless.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto works great.
- No physical volume knob.
- Only 720p rear camera resolution
- Installation might take some time
If you’re looking for an aftermarket car stereo that offers the latest features and functionality, the Atoto A6 PF is definitely worth considering. This Android-powered unit is packed with a ton of great features, including wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, built-in GPS navigation, and a whole lot more.
A Feature-Rich Powerhouse
One of the things that immediately impressed me about the A6 PF is its feature set. This unit has everything you could need and more in a car stereo, including:
- Android 10 operating system: The A6 PF runs on the latest version of Android, which gives you access to a wide range of apps and features.
- Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto: Connect your smartphone wirelessly and enjoy easy access to your favorite apps and music.
- Built-in GPS navigation: Get turn-by-turn directions without having to rely on your phone.
- 7-inch IPS touchscreen display: The bright and clear display is easy to see, even in direct sunlight.
- 36-band EQ and DSP: Customize the sound to your liking with the powerful equalizer and digital signal processor.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Stream music and make hands-free calls wirelessly.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Stay connected and download apps on the go.
- Backup camera input: See what’s behind you when you’re backing up.
- Dual USB ports: Charge your devices or play music from a USB drive.
- Steering wheel control support: Control the stereo from your steering wheel for safe and convenient operation.
Impressive Sound Quality
The A6 PF is not only packed with features, but it also sounds great. The 45-watt amplifier provides plenty of power, and the 36-band EQ and DSP let you fine-tune the sound to your preferences. I was particularly impressed with the clarity and detail of the sound, even at high volumes.
The A6 PF’s Android-based interface is easy to use and navigate. The large touchscreen display is responsive, and the menus are well-organized. I was able to find what I was looking for quickly and easily, even while driving.
Overall, the Atoto A6 PF is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a feature-rich and high-quality car stereo. It offers a wide range of features, impressive sound quality, and a user-friendly interface. If you’re in the market for an upgrade, I highly recommend checking out the A6 PF.
Here are some additional things to consider before purchasing the Atoto A6 PF:
- Price: The A6 PF is a bit more expensive than some other car stereos on the market. However, I think the extra features and functionality are worth the price.
- Installation: The A6 PF can be installed by a professional or by yourself. If you’re not comfortable with car audio installations, I recommend hiring a professional.
- App compatibility: Not all Android apps are compatible with the A6 PF. However, there are still a wide range of apps that you can use.
What’s in the Box?
- Head Unit Receiver
- Wiring Harness
- RCA Cable
- USB Extension Cable
- Line Out Converters
- GPS Antenna
P.S. This head unit has also been listed in this post.
Best Budget Head Unit under $200 – ATOTO F7 G2A7XE
Unboxing and Design:
The F7 G2A7XE arrives in a sleek, black box with the unit securely protected by foam padding. The first impression is one of quality and durability, with a solid build and a premium feel. The 7-inch QLED display is the centerpiece, boasting vibrant colors and sharp visuals even in direct sunlight. The touchscreen is responsive and intuitive, with physical buttons and knobs for frequently used functions like volume and track selection.
Connectivity and Features:
The F7 G2A7XE is a connectivity powerhouse. It seamlessly integrates with your smartphone via wireless or wired CarPlay and Android Auto, putting all your favorite apps at your fingertips. Bluetooth 5.3 ensures flawless hands-free calling and music streaming, while the built-in GPS navigation system keeps you on track.
But the F7 G2A7XE goes beyond the basics. It boasts features like:
- Live Rear View (LRV): See what’s behind you in real-time, even while driving forward, with the LRV feature and compatible camera (sold separately). This is a game-changer for safety and blind-spot awareness.
- MirrorLink: Cast your phone’s screen onto the F7 G2A7XE’s display for even greater control and access to apps not supported by CarPlay or Android Auto.
- Quick Charge: Keep your phone juiced up with fast charging support.
- High-Resolution Audio: Enjoy your music in stunning detail with FLAC and WAV audio playback support.
- Dual USB Ports: Connect multiple storage devices for endless music and media options.
- SiriusXM Radio: Access a wide variety of satellite radio channels for commercial-free listening.
- Expandable Storage: Add up to 2TB of storage via microSD and SSD cards for a massive music and movie library.
Performance and Sound Quality:
The F7 G2A7XE delivers powerful and crisp sound, thanks to its built-in amplifier and four-channel speaker outputs. The equalizer allows you to fine-tune the audio to your preferences, while the various sound staging options create an immersive listening experience. Whether you’re a bass enthusiast or prefer a balanced soundscape, the F7 G2A7XE has you covered.
Installation and User Experience:
The F7 G2A7XE comes with everything you need for a straightforward installation, including a detailed manual and wiring harness. The user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, even for those unfamiliar with Android-based systems. The touchscreen is responsive and lag-free, making it a pleasure to use.
The ATOTO F7 G2A7XE is a feature-packed car stereo that delivers exceptional value for money. Its sleek design, powerful performance, and abundance of features make it a compelling option for drivers who demand the best from their in-car entertainment system. Whether you’re a music lover, a tech enthusiast, or simply someone who appreciates quality, the F7 G2A7XE is definitely worth considering.
- Supports hands-free calls and streaming music for safer driving
- Built-in FM/AM Radio Tuner with RBDS
- Six physical buttons enable easy control of audio functions
- True 7-inch touchscreen fitting most double DIN mounting frames
- Supports both wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay for easy app access
- Easy to install with plug-and-play setup
- It comes with a rearview camera for added safety
- Quick customer service response to help with settings questions.
- Sometimes display may have some slight blur/pixelation when viewing specific icons in Android Auto.
- The downside of this head unit is that Android Auto takes a bit longer, at around 40 seconds, but other than that, I haven’t encountered any issues.
P.S. If you are looking some more Budget Head Unit under $200, you need to check this post.
Best Single DIN Touchscreen – ATOTO F7 XE
The F7 XE’s standout feature is undoubtedly its display. The 10-inch QLED touchscreen is bright, crisp, and boasts excellent viewing angles, even in direct sunlight. This makes it a joy to use for everything from navigation to watching videos (yes, you can do that too!). The touchscreen itself is responsive and smooth, with intuitive menus that are easy to navigate while driving.
Under the hood, the F7 XE is powered by a quad-core processor and runs on the Linux operating system. This combination ensures smooth performance, even when running multiple apps simultaneously. You also get a generous 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, which can be expanded via microSD card.
Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto: Freedom on the Road
One of the biggest selling points of the F7 XE is its wireless CarPlay and Android Auto functionality. No more fumbling with cords – simply connect your phone via Bluetooth and you’re good to go. This makes using your favorite apps safer and more convenient than ever before.
And unlike many other head units, the F7 XE allows you to run navigation from CarPlay or Android Auto while simultaneously listening to music from another source, like the radio or a USB drive. This is a small but much-appreciated feature that makes long road trips more enjoyable.
Beyond the Basics: A Feature-Packed Powerhouse
The F7 XE is packed with other features that make it a truly versatile car stereo. Here are just a few highlights:
- Bluetooth 5.0: Enjoy crystal-clear hands-free calling and audio streaming.
- Built-in HD rearview camera: See what’s behind you with stunning clarity.
- MirrorLink: Cast your phone’s screen to the head unit for even more functionality.
- Dual USB ports: Play music or charge your devices.
- SiriusXM radio: Enjoy your favorite satellite radio stations (subscription required).
- 10-band EQ with time alignment: Tailor the sound to your preferences.
- Quick charge: Fast-charge your compatible devices.
Installation and Usability:
The F7 XE is designed to be easy to install, even for DIYers. The included mounting hardware and wiring harness are straightforward, and there are plenty of online resources and tutorials available to help you out.
Once installed, the F7 XE is a pleasure to use. The touchscreen is responsive and the menus are intuitive. The steering wheel controls also work flawlessly, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road.
Overall, the ATOTO F7 XE is an excellent single-DIN touchscreen car stereo. It offers a great combination of features, performance, and ease of use, making it a great choice for anyone looking for a versatile upgrade.
- Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto allow for easy connection.
- Includes detailed instructions and wiring diagrams for easy installation
- The mapping function for steering wheel controls is helpful.
- Fast chargeable feature with maximum charging speed
- Includes 3-video input capability and HD video capabilities
- Only one USB input in the unit, so you cannot use both the front and glove box USB outlets.
- Steering wheel controls may not be compatible with some Honda models (due to a lack of documentation on the steering wheel controls).
- Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto might not be compatible with all phones.
Final Verdict: If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line single-DIN touchscreen car stereo, the ATOTO F7 XE is an excellent option. It’s packed with features, easy to use, and delivers a great overall experience. Just be sure to measure your dashboard before you buy to make sure it will fit.
P.S. If you looking some more top rated 10.1-inch stereo, you should check this post.
ATOTO Comparison Table
Why you should Trust us?
We understand that finding the perfect head unit can be overwhelming, especially with the plethora of options available in the market.
That’s why our team at AudioWiser has put in 36 hours of thorough research and testing to provide you with an unbiased review of the top 4 ATOTO head units.
We have carefully tested and evaluated each head unit based on its features, performance, sound quality and value for money.
We also take into consideration customer reviews and feedback to ensure that our recommendations are in line with the experiences of real users.
You can trust us to provide you with honest and objective reviews, helping you find the perfect head unit for your car.
Is ATOTO a reliable and high-quality car stereo option?
ATOTO is undoubtedly the top choice when it comes to car stereos. It is a perfect blend of quality and affordability, packed with all the features necessary for an amazing audio experience.
Will a superior head unit improve the sound quality of your audio system?
Yes, changing your head unit can directly impact sound quality. However, it’s essential to understand the different elements of an audio system to choose the right one for you and ensure that sound quality is improved.
What wattage should I look for in a high-quality stereo?
If you listen mainly at low volumes in a small car, then something around 35 watts will be powerful enough. On the other hand, if you want your stereo system to provide a lot of power when playing loudly in large rooms or outdoors, then something with more than 50 watts per channel would be ideal. For most people looking for an all-purpose stereo, 50 watts per channel should be ample and provide enough power for indoor and outdoor settings.