- What’s in the Box?
- Design and Features
- Pros And Cons
- Bottom Line
Many car owners when looking for a new double din stereo often got stuck at the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS. Well, there might be several reasons not only to look but also to buy this head unit in 2021. It can be GPS Navigation, listening to good quality music or watching videos, and many more things which you find below. But for me, the best thing I have noticed in AVH-X2800BS is the multi Bluetooth Connection and crystal clear sound quality.
Loaded with all kinds of exciting applications and one of the most simple and straight-forward installation processes you’re going to ever have to deal with, you’ll be able to play all your favorite music and media, stream it from a variety of different sources through the Bluetooth connection, and can even playback DVDs and Blue-rays without any trouble at all. With this, Pioneer AVH-X2800BS Review, you will be able to find all the pros and cons of this multi-media receiver.
What’s in the Box?
You will most of the basic thing be needed to install this stereo in your car, it contains:
- DVD Multi-media Receiver having 6.2-inch large Touchscreen display
- Wiring Harness is given in the box which will help you to connects the receiver with the car
- Remote Control w/ batteries
- Good quality microphone having 13” cable with 2.MM connectors
- 12 Screws which consist of Pan Head ISO and Flat Head ISO
- Owner’s Manual which was written in three languages that are English, French, and Spanish
- Warranty Card, and more.
- 6.2” Large Touchscreen Display
- 800 x 480 Resolution, LED Backlight
- CD/DVD Multimedia Receiver
- GPS Navigation Compatible
- Power Output of 200 watts and 14 watts RMS
- 13 Band Equalizer / Auto EQ Ready
- Dual Connection Bluetooth
- Siri Eyes Free works with all iPhones
- Works with Sirius XM Satellite Radio 3.0
- Video Formats such as MPEG 1-2-4, AVIX/ DivX, WMV
- Audio Formats such as MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV
- Other high-resolution formats such as FLAC and JPEG
- 1-Year Warranty
- Click Here to Read Full Specifications
Design and Features
As we mentioned above, it comes with a pretty 6.2” large crystal clear touchscreen display which has an aspect ratio of 16:9. The touch response of this unit is quite impressive. There is a CD / DVD drive input located at the top of the screen with which can play videos or audio files in several formats like MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, DVD/DVD-R, MPEG 1-2-4.
The bad thing about the display is the low resolution, which would not allow you to play videos at HD quality and the other thing is FLAC files are only supported through USB.
Apart from this, you can change background color with 13 different color options also there is a color option to control brightness.
Talking about its audio quality, it comes with a built-in amplifier that has a power output of 50 watts and 4 channels and 14 watts RMS which will allow any type of car to play music at high volume with a crystal clear quality. There are about 13 band equalizer settings available to change music styles which consist of Powerful, Natural, Vocal, FLAT, BASS, and other custom settings.
In AVH-X2800BS, built-in Bluetooth 3.0 is given which has a very strong connection with which you can stream music directly from your phone. The wireless calling works great due to hands-free profile 1.6 and a good quality microphone which was given in the box of the unit. The Bluetooth connects very quickly and can allow you to connect up to 3 devices at a time in you use two for calling and one for streaming music.
It is another useful feature of this unit that allows you to use GPS Navigation which is very accurate and tells you the exact location from your phone. You can also play music from AppRadioLive but first, you need to check your phone with the receiver via USB cable then an app radio live will pop up on the home screen then you simply go to the app and can enjoy numerous features.
Pandora / Spotify Ready
In AVH-x2800BS you can use Pandora and Spotify which allows drivers to listen to radio and music directly from their phone. Spotify and Pandora are compatible with both ios and android but to use Pandora and Spotify in this Pioneer model you first need to download Pandora or Spotify App from App Store or Play Store and you need to pair your device with the receiver.
- This head unit supports many car accessories such as
- Backup Camera [ND-BC8] Recommended
- Mirror Link Cable [CD-MU200] Recommended
- GPS Navigation Add-on [AVIC-U260]
- Auto EQ [CD-MC20] Recommended
Pros And Cons
- Clear Sound Quality with many equalizer settings available
- Built-in CD/DVD player, which most other models don’t provide
- Easy to install and very easy to operate
- Direct USB Control for iPhone, iPod
- Rock Solid Bluetooth Connection and very easy to pair
- High-Resolution Audio formats like FLAC allows you to listen to awesome music at a high quality
- Support many car accessories such as Backup Camera, Steering Wheel Control
- Sirius XM works great in this car stereo
- Quick Home Button located at the bottom of the screen make it easier to use
- Support dual Backup Camera Connection
- No Volume Knob
- USB and Aux input is given at the back of the receiver which makes it tough to reach
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto was not available however you can App Radio Live to use the same kind of features
Here are some frequently asked questions related to this head unit –
Is there a built-in GPS Navigation system in AVH-x2800BS?
No, the Pioneer AVH-x2800BS does not have a built-in GPS Navigation system however, there is GPS Navigation input with which you can connect an external GPS module. besides this, you can use also GPS Navigation via the App Radio Live feature but as we mention above, you need to connect your phone with the receiver via USB.
Does this stereo come with Remote Control?
Yes, it comes with a wireless remote control with two batteries provided in the box.
Does this head unit support a backup camera?
AVH-x2800BS does support the dual backup camera. However, the camera will not come with this unit. The best backup camera for this unit which is recommended by Pioneer is ND-BC8.
Do I need an extra thing to install AVH-x2800BS in my car?
You don’t need to buy any extra things to install this because most of the basics like wiring harnesses and screws are already given in the box of this unit.
If you have read this Pioneer AVH-x2800BS full review, you might get an idea where it will good unit for the vehicle or not.
Overall the price is not too high compared to any other Pioneer Head Unit at this price.
Also, the touchscreen of AVH-x2800BS is quite responsive, the UI is smooth and superior, the sound experience is significantly improved (even with stock speakers) and the capacity to play physical and computerized media (video and sound substance) is also great.
Not only is this an affordable option manufactured by one of the best and biggest car stereo equipment manufacturers on the planet, but it’s also one of the few budget-based options that include integrated Bluetooth technology as well.
Hope so, you like this Pioneer AVH-x2800BS review. If not so, then you should check this car stereo review which is the best alternative to this head unit.