Depending on its series, you can reset an alpine radio in several ways.
In CDE and UTE series radios, you’ll need to press and hold the “(.)” and the number 6 buttons for this. On the other hand, if you have a high-end touchscreen-based radio, such as iLX-W650, go to Settings > General > About and tap on the ‘Clear All Settings’ button.
How to Reset Alpine Radios
The Alpine is one of the leading brands in the car radio industry, and their radios are generally known for high-quality sound, extra features, and durability.
But despite the seemingly good reputation, sometimes these radios can get unresponsive and freeze.
Resetting is one of the easiest methods to get these radios out of such issues.
But the main problem is that this procedure varies between different radios.
To help you, we’re listing reset procedures of some popular Alpine radios in the market.
Reset Alpine CDE-172 BT and UTE-73BT
- Turn on the radio.
- Press and Hold the “(.)” and the number 6 buttons for over two seconds. The former is located on the right side of the volume knob, while the latter is in the bottom row.
- The screen will go blank before turning on again. It indicates that the reset process is complete.
Related Posts – Top 5 Best Alpine Head Units (2023 Updated)
Reset Alpine iLX-W650 and iLX-107
- Turn on the radio.
- Press the ‘home’ button located in the bottom row.
- Select the ‘gear’ icon. It will take you to the system settings.
- Select the ‘General’ option.
- Select the ‘About’ option from the new menu.
- There’ll be information regarding the head unit in the about section, like serial number, firmware version, clear all settings, etc.
- Tap the ‘RESET’ button against the ‘Clear All Settings’ option.
- A pop-up message will appear and will ask you for confirmation.
- Press OK. It will initiate the reset process.
Reset Alpine iLX-F409
The iLX-F409 comes with a RESET switch located in the bottom left corner. The reset process begins when you press that switch with a ballpoint pen or any other pointy object.
How do I pair my Alpine Bluetooth?
The specific pairing process for your Alpine Bluetooth device will depend on the model you have. However, here are the general steps for pairing most Alpine Bluetooth devices with a phone or other Bluetooth device:
On your Alpine device:
- Put your Alpine device in pairing mode. This is usually done by pressing and holding a button on the device for a few seconds. The button will vary depending on the model, but it is often labeled “Bluetooth,” “Pair,” or “Setup.” Consult your Alpine device’s manual for specific instructions.
- Make sure your Alpine device is discoverable. This means that it is visible to other Bluetooth devices. On some Alpine devices, you may need to go into the Bluetooth settings menu and enable discoverability.
On your phone or other Bluetooth device:
- Open the Bluetooth settings menu. This is usually located in the Settings app.
- Tap on “Scan for Devices” or “Search for New Devices.” Your device will start scanning for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Select your Alpine device from the list of available devices.
- Enter the PIN code (if required). The PIN code is usually “0000” or “1234.” You can find the PIN code in your Alpine device’s manual.
- Tap on “Pair” or “Connect.”
Once the pairing process is complete, your Alpine device and your phone or other Bluetooth device should be connected. You should now be able to use your Alpine device for hands-free calling, audio streaming, and other features.
Here are some additional tips for pairing your Alpine Bluetooth device:
- If you are having trouble pairing your devices, make sure that both devices are within range of each other (usually about 30 feet).
- If you are still having trouble, try clearing the Bluetooth pairing history on both devices and then trying again.
- Consult your Alpine device’s manual for more specific troubleshooting tips.
So this is how you can reset your Alpine radios.
One important thing to remember is that the processes mentioned above only apply to their respective radios.
If you have any other models installed in your vehicle, check its owner’s manual or search online for the exact process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Is The Reset Button On A Car Stereo?
This button is usually found in button-based single-din car radios. To confirm whether your radio has it or not, remove its faceplate. The reset button will be inside a hole behind this faceplate.
What is the 4 digit pairing code for Bluetooth in Alpine Car Stereo?
The 4-digit pairing code for Bluetooth in most Alpine car stereos is typically “0000” or “1234”. These are standard default codes used by many Bluetooth devices. However, if these codes do not work or if the code has been changed, it’s best to consult the user manual for your specific Alpine model or contact Alpine’s customer support for assistance. Each model may have different instructions or a unique code.
Why My Alpine Radio Settings Are Greyed Out?
It’s a safety mechanism that discourages drivers from using the car radio while driving. This issue will be solved as soon as you engage the parking brake. Then you can play with the settings like usual.
Why My Alpine Radio Is Not Turning On?
Although there can be many reasons behind this, it mostly happens due to a faulty radio fuse.
Why My Alpine Radio Bluetooth Is Not Working?
It mainly happens if you’ve paired many devices with the car radio in the past. And now the radio’s ‘paired device list’ is full. To solve this issue, clear this list and then retry repairing.